Answers at your fingertips
You can scroll through the FAQs, search, or click a category button to filter them.
- How it Works
- Opening an Account
- Prepaid Card
- Qualified Expenses
- Tax Benefits
- What can I use the card for? Can it be used for automatic, reoccurring charges?
- You can use your prepaid card anywhere Visa cards are accepted, including online bill-pay. Your card can be used for a number of everyday living expenses geared toward improving your health, independence, and quality of life. The list includes, but is not limited to: Reoccurring charges like... Read more
- Where can I use the card?
The ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, both online and in-store.
- Does the card have any fraud protection or security features?
- Yes. Once you receive your ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card, you can log in and set up customized restrictions on certain spending categories. You can also turn on text message alerts to notify you of a range of activity on your ABLE Visa Prepaid Card.* *Standard text message rates, fees, and charges may... Read more
- Help. My card was stolen. How do I cancel my card?
- If your card is lost or stolen, please deactivate the card immediately to prevent additional transactions and protect against fraud. You can deactivate the card online, through the 24/7 automated phone system (1-866-984-8576), or by speaking with their Customer Support team at (1-866-984-8576)... Read more
- I don’t want a card anymore. How can I cancel it?
- If you would like to cancel your card, contact True Link at 1-888-219-9054 or visit ablecard.truelinkfinancial.com. Please do not allow others to use an expired, revoked, cancelled, suspended, or otherwise invalid card. If True Link cancels or suspends your card account privileges through no fault... Read more
- How do I set limits on my card?
- The card administrator can customize where the card can and can’t be used to make purchases, and settings can be adjusted to allow or block categories of spending and even block specific vendors. You can update the settings at any time by logging in to your ABLE Card administrator dashboard at... Read more
- How can I use the card to track expenses?
- You may obtain your balance information, along with a 60-day history of your account transactions, at no charge, by visiting ablecard.truelinkfinancial.com or by calling 1-888-219-9054. You also have the right to obtain a 60-day written history of account transactions by calling 1-888-219-9054 or... Read more
- How can I challenge a transaction on my card?
- In case of errors or questions about your card account, please contact True Link as soon as possible at 1-888-219-9054. Alternatively, you can write True Link Financial, Inc., at PO Box 581, San Francisco, CA 94104. True Link must allow you to report the potential error for up to 120 days after the... Read more
- How long does it take to put money on the card?
- For existing customers, transfers scheduled before 4pm ET/10am HST on a business day are available the next business day. For new customers, it can take 2-7 business days for the full amount of requested funds to be available. Once an account has been established for 21 days, transfers will be... Read more
- Are there any fees associated with the card?
- There are no transaction fees with the ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card. You’re only charged a $1.25 monthly fee once you’ve activated your card.* Please note that the monthly fee is charged every month, regardless of how often you use — or don’t use — the card. *Other fees, terms, and conditions apply.... Read more