Answers at your fingertips
You can scroll through the FAQs, search, or click a category button to filter them.
- How it Works
- Opening an Account
- Prepaid Card
- Qualified Expenses
- Tax Benefits
- What is ABLE to Work?
- The ABLE to Work Act, effective January 1, 2018, revised the Internal Revenue Code applicable to ABLE accounts to permit eligible employed beneficiaries to save more in their ABLE accounts. Over and above the standard Annual Contribution Limit ($17,000 for 2023), a working beneficiary is allowed to... Read more
- How do I make a gift contribution online?
- To contribute online, first make sure the recipient has set up their gifting page. Then, use their gifting page link to fill out the fields as directed—it’s just the usual stuff, like your name, address, the amount you want to contribute, whether you want to pay by debit or ACH, and the occasion... Read more
- How will I know if I’ve received gifts?
- When a gift contribution has finished processing, you’ll get an email letting you know someone contributed to your account. All processed gift contributions will also appear in your activity feed. Please keep in mind, any gift contributions made through an online gifting page will not be available... Read more
- Are gift-givers charged a fee when they contribute through my page?
It depends on the method of payment you choose:
Debit card fees are 2.59% of the contribution + $0.49¢.
There is no fee for bank account (ACH) gift contributions.
Using the paper Gift Form to contribute by mailing in a paper check is also fee-free.
- What happens if I no longer want to have an online gifting page for my account?
- No problem. You can delete it any time you want, and the contributions that have previously been gifted (including pending contributions) will stay in the account. Just sign in to your account, go to the Overview tab, and click on the gifting module. Select “Edit this page” and then click “Delete... Read more
- Who can send me gifts?
- Once you’ve set up your gifting page, anyone who has a link can contribute towards your goal. You can also give friends and family a Gift Form if they’d like to mail a check contribution. Keep in mind that gift contributions count toward your yearly contribution limit. So, if you’ve already reached... Read more
- How do I set up my gifting page?
- To create a gifting page: Sign in: Click the gifting link on your account overview page. Choose what people see: Select whether or not you want to share the progress you’ve made toward your gifting limit. Review & Publish: Get a preview of what it will look like when someone visits your gifting... Read more
- What happens if the beneficiary is no longer eligible for an account?
- If a beneficiary no longer meets eligibility requirements, they no longer qualify to get an ABLE account and they (or their account manager) should sign into the account’s settings and update their eligibility. Their account will remain open and they can continue to use the account until the end of... Read more
- Can I open a new Hawai’i ABLE Savings Program account if my previous ABLE for ALL Savings Plan was closed?
Yes, log in to your closed account using your email and password, then find the “Create new account” link to get started.
- Who can open an ABLE account for an eligible beneficiary?
- An adult beneficiary with a qualifying disability can open and manage an ABLE account. If a beneficiary is under the age of 18 or unable to open an account on their own, they must have an Authorized Legal Representative (also known as an ALR) do it for them. An ALR must be anyone who is selected by... Read more