Answers at your fingertips
You can scroll through the FAQs, search, or click a category button to filter them.
- How it Works
- Opening an Account
- Prepaid Card
- Qualified Expenses
- Tax Benefits
- What is a prepaid card?
- A prepaid card is very much like a reloadable gift card. Simply put, you add funds to a prepaid card and then use it to make purchase — either online or in-store. With an ABLE Prepaid Card, you can: Make purchases everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted Add funds from your ABLE account and... Read more
- Is money on the prepaid card counted as an asset for benefits?
Just like the funds in your ABLE account, the funds on your ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card do not count as assets for state or federal benefits.
- How do I sign up for a card?
- In just a few steps you can sign up to receive an ABLE Visa Prepaid Card. After you’ve registered, it takes about 6-8 business days to receive your card in the mail. For any subsequent cards, you may opt to pay for expedited shipping, which takes 2-4 business days. Then, once your card is... Read more
- Why do I have to go to a different website to load the card?
Even though your prepaid card can only be pre-loaded with funds from your ABLE account, it is not linked directly to your funds. True Link and Sunrise Banks N.A. issue and manage the card and features and allow you to add your ABLE funds to the card from your ABLE account.
- How do I load the card?
- The ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card offers a convenient way for beneficiaries and Authorized Legal Representatives (also known as ALRs) to spend funds from their ABLE accounts. Here’s how to fund your ABLE Visa Prepaid Card: Log in to your account at www.sumday.com/login Once you’ve logged in, initiate a... Read more
- Can I set automatic transfers onto the card?
Unfortunately, at this time, you are not able to set automatic transfers onto the card.
- How often can I reload the card?
There is no limit to the number of times you can reload your card on a given day or month; however, withdrawals from the ABLE account to any ABLE cards may not exceed $5,000 per day and $20,000 per month.
- Can I move money from the card back into my account?
No. Once money is moved from your account onto your ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card, it cannot be moved back into your ABLE account.