Answers at your fingertips
You can scroll through the FAQs, search, or click a category button to filter them.
- How it Works
- Linking Bank Accounts
- Opening an Account
- Prepaid Card
- Qualified Expenses
- Successors and Estates
- Tax Benefits
- Can I open a new Hawai’i ABLE Savings Program account if my previous ABLE for ALL Savings Plan was closed?
Yes, log in to your closed account using your email and password, then find the “Create new account” link to get started.
- Can I make direct deposits into an ABLE account?
- Users can contribute to their accounts using fast, secure direct deposits from either the Social Security Administration or their paycheck. Complete the setup process in three simple steps: Log in to your ABLE account and click on “Direct Deposit” on the Total Balance tile. Or, once logged in, go... Read more
- Can I connect more than one bank account to an ABLE account?
- Yes, you can connect more than one bank account as well as multiple types of bank accounts. Each account and type will need to be connected individually, but you can have both savings and checking accounts linked to your account at one time. The Account Owner/Custodian or Beneficiary must own the... Read more
- How do I add multiple bank accounts?
- Once you’ve logged in to your ABLE account, find your “Account” section in Your Profile, and click on “Add a new bank account.” Follow the steps to connect a new bank account associated with either the beneficiary of the ABLE account or the Authorized Legal Representative’s name. Keep in mind that... Read more
- What type of bank accounts can I add?
You can connect a checking or savings account.
- How do I manage different bank accounts with multiple beneficiaries?
If you are managing ABLE accounts for more than one beneficiary, you can use the same banking information on multiple accounts. The bank account has to be added to each plan account individually.
- Can I open and/or manage more than one ABLE account?
- Yes, you can have an ABLE account for yourself and/or open and manage multiple ABLE accounts for beneficiaries as their Authorized Legal Representative (ALR). Remember that each ABLE account can be connected to one or more bank accounts. Remember that each beneficiary can have only one ABLE account... Read more
- How do I add another ABLE account?
- You can do this two ways. Logged out, from the sign-up page: Go to the Hawai’i ABLE Savings Program website to sign up for a new ABLE account. During the first step of registration there will be a link to sign in. Log in and follow the steps to create an ABLE account for either yourself or your... Read more
- Where can I find my account number?
- You can find all the information about an ABLE account on the Overview page. The account number is at the top of that page. The rest of the information about the beneficiary’s account — including contact info, condition, customization, money allocation, and yearly goal — can be viewed and edited... Read more
- Can I roll over a 529 College Savings Plan into my ABLE account?
- Yes, in 2018, Congress passed the ABLE Financial Planning Act, which allows you to roll over money from a 529 College Savings account into a beneficiary’s (or family member’s*) ABLE account without being penalized. There is a $17,000 rollover limit (less the current tax-year ABLE... Read more