Answers at your fingertips
You can scroll through the FAQs, search, or click a category button to filter them.
- How it Works
- Linking Bank Accounts
- Opening an Account
- Prepaid Card
- Qualified Expenses
- Successors and Estates
- Tax Benefits
- Will a credit check be performed when I apply for the card?
- No, a credit check is not required to open an ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card. However, the federal government does require True Link to verify the identity of each cardholder who opens a Card account. When a Card account is opened, True Link will ask for the following information to attempt to verify the... Read more
- Can I get cash or use the card at an ATM?
Unfortunately, your card cannot be used to get cash or withdraw money from ATMs.
- What happens if I try to spend more than what is on my card?
If there are not enough funds on the ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card to cover a purchase, the transaction will simply be declined. There are no overdraft fees whatsoever.
- Can I limit spending to certain categories?
- Yes. Once you receive your ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card, you can log in and set customized restrictions on certain spending categories and you can also turn on SMS alerts to notify you of a range of activity on your card.* Your settings can be updated at any time by going to... Read more
- How much money can I put on the card?
You can load as much or as little as you need, anytime, up to $20,000. The maximum load limit per day is $5,000.
- Am I able to pause my card temporarily?
- The ABLE Visa Prepaid Card can be paused temporarily or closed at any time. Simply log in to your card administrator dashboard at able-for-all.truelinkfinancial.com and click the “Account” tab. Then select the green “Temporarily disable” or “Permanently close card” button. Alternatively, you can... Read more
- Does the card fee come out of the money on the card or from what’s in the ABLE account?
- Fees for your ABLE Visa® Prepaid Card are deducted from the card’s available balance and not your ABLE account. If the card balance is insufficient to cover the monthly fee, the True Link system will charge the fee at the regular time and True Link will recoup the fee when the next deposit is made... Read more
- Who do I contact for help with SSA direct deposits?
- What if I already receive direct deposit payments from the SSA in a different account?
To switch the account you receive your direct deposits in, you will need to update your settings with the SSA. You can update your deposit settings in your Social Security account here.
- How do I set up SSA direct deposits?
- Complete the setup process in three simple steps: Log in to your ABLE account and click on “Direct Deposit” on the Total Balance tile. Or, once logged in, go to “Transfers > Direct Deposit.” Enter your information and retrieve your direct deposit details that can be provided to the SSA —... Read more