Answers at your fingertips
You can scroll through the FAQs, search, or click a category button to filter them.
- How it Works
- Opening an Account
- Prepaid Card
- Qualified Expenses
- Tax Benefits
- Can I use ABLE funds to pay for a vacation?
Yes, a vacation does qualify as an eligible expense as long as it can help maintain or improve the health, independence, or quality of life of the person living with a disability.
- What kind of benefits do I get?
- One of the main benefits of having an ABLE account is being able to save for eligible expenses and invest for the future in a tax-advantaged account. The account’s growth is tax-free and you may qualify for a state income tax deduction, depending on where you live. As long as your balance stays... Read more
- Does having an account affect my other benefits?
- Nope. You can keep federal and state benefits (SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, HUD Assistance, Section 8, etc.) with an ABLE account. If you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI), there is a $100,000 limit before funds start counting against your $2,000 asset limit. As long as the money... Read more